If you have been wondering how to hook up your Xbox Controller to your computer and do cool stuff, there are some workarounds. Using the Wireless Xbox 360 on Windows can be done using three ways as per the internet community. Here are the steps to do that.
Xbox Receiver for PC is not Bluetooth.
Remember that you cannot hope to connect the Xbox controller to the PC simply by Bluetooth. Even if you have purchased a wireless Xbox 360, the frequencies used by the devices are somewhat off of Bluetooth, so do not go for any device that sells them.
- Xbox wireless controller does need a special adapter to work with your pc.
- It does not come with the controller, nor does Microsoft sell it for you.
- You must buy a separate pack with a controller and its tested counterpart, the USB adapter for windows.
Official and Easy Way
If you already have a controller and still have money, you better go with the least frustrating and officially verified approach that Microsoft offers. You would have to get a pack of stuff directly from the company.
- You can buy the official Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows pack.
- It is expensive but not frustrating and worth the money.
- This has been too old, but you can still locate some at retail outlets and off-the-shelf stores.
- You will have an extra controller, but you can sell that if you don’t need it.
The Price is a Bit Steep
The official tag on the bundle is $60, and the worst thing is that you will find it close to that price only. This means that there are no offs, even if it is old.
- The options at best buy also sell it at a close price.
- Try to see if you can get it cheaper while checking out.
- On Amazon, check that the item is “fulfilled by Amazon.”
- Since it is possible that it is not official but a Chinese duplicate, be ready to return it as soon as you find it.
Clones can be a Headache.
If you cannot spend that kind of money, you can buy third-party and cloned products at very modest prices. Then, you can only buy the USB receiver for the PC that Xbox’s wireless controller is transmitting on.
- These knockoffs are in considerable numbers in online stores.
- They range from $7 to $15 and cover many brands.
- Some of them are perfect clones in terms of look and may even work perfectly if you are ready for that headache.
- These are headaches because you never know if they will work with your pc or not, there is no guarantee.
Finding Orphaned USB Receivers
If you try to dig a bit more, you will find a middle market for these USB receivers. Because not everyone wants both the controller and the received bundle, a lot of products, all original, are separated from their controllers and sold online.
- If you try, you can find such items on Amazon and eBay.
- But, this is a gamble because you are not sure what you will receive.
If You Want to Gamble
If you are willing to try it, you must be aware of the listings that users put online. These orphaned USB receivers were tested with their counterpart controllers, you remember. So, it is possible that there is a slight chance of incompatibility, partially.
- Look for those listings that show an accurate picture of the devices.
- Look for the Microsoft logo and the proper markings that say “Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows” on the back.
- Look for those listings that also provide you with the CD, official booklet, and drivers.
You Don’t Need Drivers
Even though you don’t need the drivers but have, having looked for detailed sheets helps you place your gamble more confidently, and the product you will receive should work fine.
- Windows will download the drivers automatically when you are trying to install them.
- Remember that Microsoft does not sell them separately, so remember that you are doing risky business.
- These official ones are priced somewhere around $15, like on Amazon.
Installing Your Adapter
If you want to do it all by yourself, you can save a lot of money, but maybe not. If your purchases do not work fine, the whole thing wastes time. Instead, you can collect some funds and buy the whole bundle together.
- To install the adapter drivers, you must do various things on windows.
- The steps may vary depending on whether you are on windows 7, 8, or 10ary.
- Usually, the thing involves looking for the device in your “devices manager when plugged in.”
- It should read as “Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows”.
Windows 8 vs. Windows 7
If you are trying to install it on Windows 8, you have to plug in your adapter, and after some seconds, you shall see your device manager recognizes it.
- Windows 8 will automatically download and install the drivers making the adapter ready for use.
- On Windows 7, you will be prompted to add the new hardware.
- You can then click on the add USB adapter and “install the software automatically” to proceed.
- You can download or install it separately from the CD or the official site.
The drivers are available for all Windows.
- Test your controller by running some games.
- An unknown clone will need their drivers provided with them, check them instantly, or return them.
- Some third-party clones might read just some rubbish assigned names in the device manager.
There are hundreds of such official Microsoft USB PC dongles sold separately.
- It will work with future Xbox 360 Wireless Accessories.
- Provides up to a 30-foot range for complete wireless freedom.
- Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver.
- It easily integrates with PC gaming scenarios and utilizes the same binding technology as Xbox 360.
- Provides excellent value by eliminating the need for additional accessories for Windows-based gaming at an attractive price point.
- It plugs into a PC USB port and has a six-foot cable.
- Future drivers for Windows Vista� and Force Feedback for the Wireless Racing Wheel are available.
Author’s Opinion regarding the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter For PC
The Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter For PC has compelling features while considering the security purpose; priority is very high. No VPN or RDP is required for the said purpose. In some cases, the emulator also works fine, and middleware software also has an essential role in smooth functioning. Therefore, the author recommended the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter for your personal use and has no issue regarding the installation on PC (Windows and Mac). I hope you also use it without any trouble; if you have any issues, please mention them in the email, and we will provide you with proper solutions. Please like and share with others. We made a lot of effort while collecting the software for your download.