Universal Split Screen setup
- Install and run Universal Split Screen: see the quick start guide.
- In options, load the Source Engine preset.
- Go back to the Current window tab.
Left 4 Dead 2 setup
- Open the Left 4 Dead 2 directory by right-clicking Left 4 Dead 2 in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse game files…
- Right-click left4dead2.exe and click Create shortcut. Rename the shortcut if you want.
- Right-click the new shortcut and select properties.
- At the end of Target, add
-windowed -w 1920 -h 500 -insecure +m_rawinput 1 +sv_lan 1 +sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
- This is for a 1920×1080 monitor. You can adjust the width/height for your monitor.
-insecurewill prevent you from joining any Valve Anti Cheat (VAC) secured servers.
- Launch the shortcut as many times as you need.
- Source Engine games will usually not let you launch more than one instance. In Universal Split Screen, alt-tab into Left 4 Dead 2 so the window is selected, then click ‘Unlock Source engine for a new instance’
- Go to Options -> Keyboard/mouse. Set allow developer console to enabled. Set gamepad to enabled if you are using a controller.
- At the main menu, use the ` (tilde) key to open the console. This key is usually above the tab key.
- To start a game, type
map cXXXm1_, then press tab to auto complete. Replace XXX with the chapter number. Click Submit. E.g. run
- Once the game has started, open the console again at the pause menu. Run
status. Find the IP address that starts with 192.168, e.g.
- On another instance, open the console and run
connect 192.168.XXX.YYY. Replace the IP address with the IP address from the last step.
- You should now be connected to the same game.
Tips before you start
- If you have inconsistent mouse movement, especially when moving multiple mice, make sure the polling rates on your mice are set as low as possible. You can usually set this in your mouse configuration program (look on the manufacturer’s website).
- Disable steam overlay by right-clicking Left 4 Dead 2 in Steam -> Properties and un-check ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’
- If you want to start and stop split screen, you should restart all instances of the game or it will start to slow down significantly.
Split screen setup
- Open Universal Split Screen
- In options, load the Source Engine preset (if you have not already done so).
- Go back to the Current window tab. Alt+tab into the first instance. Set the mouse and keyboard or controller. Repeat for the other instances.
- Click Start split screen. You should now be able to play. Press End to stop.
For reference, here are the default options.
How to play L4D2 Splitscreen || Keyboard/Mouse and Controller
- Enter ‘Big Picture’ mode
- Click on the gear icon
- Click on the option ‘Controller Settings’
- Ensure that your controller is configured and supported here, To this just click on what type of controller your using.
- Now launch the game.
- Once in the main menu, open up the game console by pressing ‘Tilde’ key. Once the game console is up, type the following; ss_map c1m1_hotel. This will load up the Hotel level. You can find the code to all the other maps and levels here.
- When in game open up the console then type in connect_splitscreen localhost 2.
- Open up the console again and type in sv_cheats 1.
- Once again open up the console and type in_forceuser 1.
- Finally you may need to edit the key/buttons for your keyboard and mouse.
How to play L4D2 Splitscreen || Controllers
- Enter ‘Big Picture’ mode, by clicking on the steam icon. A drop-down should appear, from there click onto ‘Big Picture’ mode.
- Connect your controller and ensure that it is configured and supported on settings. After that you launch your game.
- Next go onto ‘options’ and then ‘keyboard/mouse’, from there ensure that the developer console option is changed to ‘enabled’. This will allow you gain access to the game console.
- After this go back to the menu and hit the ‘Tilde’ key. This will allow us to access the game console. Once in the console, enter the following; ss_map c1m1_hotel.
- Once the game has loaded, open up the console once more and type the following; connect_splitscreen localhost 2.
Best Split-Screen (Couch Co-Op) Games for PC in 2020
1. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is one of the best co-op games — if not the best — that has been released in recent times. It’s a game filled with adventure, imaginative battle and frantic action in space. And the best part is that you can play this game with 2 to 4 players in a local co-op mode. In case, you are alone then you can play with an AI-controlled space-pet and drive the battleship together. As for the game, it’s a beautifully designed video game where you explore the vast expanse of the galaxy in a huge neon battleship. However, you need other people to help you control the battleship and defeat the Anti-love forces who have imprisoned the space-bunnies. It’s truly a fun and enchanting game that will remind you why we love video games in the first place.
Overcooked is my second pick in this list of best co-op games and the reason is its beautiful theme where you need teamwork to succeed. You can have a team of up to four players, but if you are alone then you can play along with the system making it a co-operative game. Talking about the theme, here you and your teammates work as a chef and prepare, cook and serve a range of tasty dishes to demanding customers. There is a huge storm of customers and you have to somehow fill the demand by working as efficiently as you can. Of course, you have to face some horrors too. There is an ancient edible evil that has plagued the land, then there is an unusual kitchen to work in and so on. Overall, it’s a challenging game and you are going to love every bit of it in your quest to achieve culinary perfection.
4. Baldur’s Gate 3
While previous versions of Baldur’s Gate did not support co-op gaming, recent reports suggest that Baldur’s Gate 3 will have co-operative gaming of up to 2 local players and 4 online players. That’s amazing, right? The game is going to be released within a week at the PAX East 2020 event. If you are unaware, Baldur’s Gate is one of the best RPG games which is based on a thrilling story of Dungeons and Dragons. The third installment is touted as the next-generation RPG game and it has a new storyline. The game includes adventure, war, romance, struggle and a story of conflict against sinister forces and devils. In this quest, you and your teammates have to determine the fate of the Forgotten Realms together. Simply put, if you like dark fantasy games full of mysteries then this time, Baldur’s Gate 3 will let you take your friends along the way to find the truth.
Since Blur is no longer in development, you can play Split/Second instead. It’s an equally intense racing game and supports split-screen of up to two players. Without a doubt, Split/Second is currently one of the best split-screen racing games available on PC. As for the game, it’s set in a reality television show where players are racing for the top spot. However, the game is rigged and yet, you will have to knock your opponent off from the track. Other than racing, the game also has some triggers which can destroy huge structures and buildings while racing, which can further change the outcome of the game. I would say if you like explosive kind of action racing which does not follow the dynamics of car racing alone but goes beyond that then Split/Second is an awesome split-screen game and you simply can’t afford to miss it.
Author’s Opinion regarding the Left For Dead 2 PC Split Screen
The Left For Dead 2 PC Split Screen has very strong features, while considering the security purpose, priority is very high. No VPN or RDP are required for the said purpose. In some cases, emulator also working fine and middleware software also have the important role for smooth functioning. Therefore, author recommended the Left For Dead 2 PC Split Screen for your personal use and has no issue regarding the installation on PC (Windows and Mac). I hope you also use it without any trouble, if you have any issue, please mentioned in the email, we will provide you answer with proper solutions. Please like and share with other, we did lot of efforts during the collections of the software for your download.