Your Windows 10 system Recover won’t boot up and can’t even fix itself. Are you out luck? Not if you’ve already created a recovery drive. A recovery drive stores a copy of your Windows 10 environment on another source, such as a DVD or USB drive. Then if Windows 10 goes kerflooey, you can restore it from that drive. The downside is that neither your personal files nor your desktop applications come along for the ride. But you should already be backing up your personal files using tools like File History. And the recovery drive at least brings Windows 10 back to a bootable and working state. Here’s how to get started.
Can I Make A Windows 10 Recovery Disk For Another Computer?
“I have an ASUS computer that had Windows 10 on it and after trying to reset it, I can no longer have access to it. The reset didn’t work and now my computer won’t boot up. The ASUS support told me to use a recovery drive to follow this advice to fix the issue. So, will I be able to make a recovery media on another computer and use it on my ASUS computer? What’s the best way to create a Windows 10 recovery drive for another computer?”
It’s ideal to have a recovery media before facing a fatal system failure on a computer, however, most of the time, the creation requirement follows behind the boot failure of user’ machine. At this moment, we need to find a solution to create a Windows 10 recovery disk on a normal computer and used it for the current dead one!
Microsoft Music Service
As an aside, I am not a fan of the name “Groove Music”. Not that I cared much for Xbox Music either, but it would be nice if Microsoft could come up with proper naming conventions once in a while. For example, the company should just call it Windows Music or something simple like that.
The Xbox Music brand certainly hasn’t had a burst of popularity. Probably because when it was first launched in Windows 8, it was less than a complete app. Also, the branding seemed confusing for average Windows users (do you need a Xbox console to use it?). But I digress, I could go on a huge rant,. We’ll just need to wait and see what happens when Windows 10 officially launches, and perhaps it could catch on.
Of course, we still want to hear from you and what your thoughts are on the name and if you’ll use it as your primary music player. Leave a comment below and let us know.
2 Most Applied Ways to Create a Recovery Disk for Windows 10
You are able to create a Windows 10 recovery drive for another computer in 2 ways, including using the create a recovery drive feature in Windows 10 or creating a portable Windows 10 USB drive with the help of the best bootable USB hard drive creation tool.
- A USB flash drive with a 4GB capacity of higher is demanded by both methods.
- A healthy computer running Windows 10 operating system.
No.1 How to create a recovery drive in Windows 10
This is a manual tutorial for you to create a Windows 10 recovery disk and please click solution here if you’re given the error message “We can’t create the recovery drive” in Windows 10.
- Step 1. Insert your USB flash drive with ample free space on it to the computer.
- Step 2. Search Create a recovery drive in the search box. Click the option and open it.
- Step 3. Check the box “Back up system files to the recovery drive” and click Next.
- Step 4. Wait until the wizard prepares to copy files to your flash drive.
- Step 5. Select your USB flash drive and click Next.
- Step 6. Confirm the warning message that “everything on the drive will be deleted. If you have any personal files on this drive, make sure you’ve backed up the files” and click Create.
- Step 7. When the final message “The recovery drive is ready” appears, click Finish.
No 2.How To Create A Portable Windows 10 Recovery Drive With Easeus Todo Backup
Instead, the creation of a Windows 10 recovery drive will be more automated with the help of the best USB bootable software. EaseUS Todo Backup comes with a unique feature that allows users to create a portable Windows USB drive for an immediate system recovery whenever users run trouble in starting a computer.
Simply download the best Windows backup software and follow the 3-step guide to create your portable Windows 10 USB flash drive for another computer.
1. Prepare a big enough USB drive
To create a portable USB drive for Windows OS, you should first prepare a big enough USB hard drive (with at least 100Gb or even more available free space).
2. Clear the USB drive
If you have saved data on the USB flash drive, move data and clear it.
3. Create a portable USB with Windows bootable from it
- Click “System Clone” on the left pane and select the USB flash drive as the target disk.
- Select Create a portable Windows USB Drive in Advanced options, click OK to save the changes.
- Click Proceed to start creating a portable USB flash drive so to making your Windows OS bootable on the drive now.
4. Boot Windows from the portable USB drive
- Connect your portable USB with Windows OS to your PC or a new computer.
- Restart the computer and set PC to boot from portable USB by changing the boot order in BIOS.
- Save changes and you’ll see your system booting up from the USB flash drive.
Create USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 and see how it work wonders for you when you are undergone some critical problem that obstructs the smooth working of your system. The steps are clearly mentioned above will all the screenshots. We hope that this will provide you a lot of help. We are eagerly looking forward to your reviews in the comments section. And if you have some extra information about the topic, please do share with us and give us the opportunity to learn something from you.
Windows 10 lets its users create a USB Recovery Drive that helps their system in troubleshooting and fixing the problems via retrieving the data herewith the drive. With the assistance of USB Recovery Drive, you can avoid the situations like System Restore, Refresh, and Reset in your Windows 10 computer. It was always advised to the users that they should create this beforehand, that means far before getting into the trouble because it will be really our bad luck to repair the system.
Author’s Opinion regarding the Windows 10 computer
The Windows 10 computer has very strong features, while considering the security purpose, priority is very high. No VPN or RDP are required for the said purpose. In some cases, emulator also working fine and middleware software also have the important role for smooth functioning. Therefore, author recommended the Windows 10 computer for your personal use and has no issue regarding the installation on PC (Windows and Mac). I hope you also use it without any trouble, if you have any issue, please mentioned in the email, we will provide you answer with proper solutions. Please like and share with other, we did lot of efforts during the collections of the software for your download.