There are no-nonsense apps that present the core conditions and others that provide information in a more vibrant, eye-catching style. While this genre of Windows 7/8.1/10/11 apps is difficult to narrow down to just a few choices, we sifted through the Store and have this collection to offer as the best weather apps for Windows 7/8.1/10/11.
MSN Weather is a popular offering from Microsoft that covers all of the basics and more. The clean appearance helps add to the attraction of this weather app. Key features for MSN Weather include:
- The local Forecast includes current conditions, a 10-day extended forecast, hourly breakdowns of what you should expect from Mother Nature, sunrise and sunset times, and more.
- Animated weather maps include radar, temperature, satellite, cloud, and radar forecast imagery.
- Historical weather information that breaks down a location’s monthly weather patterns.
- Severe weather alerts appear on the local forecast page to alert you when the weather bears watching.
MSN Weather also includes a news section to catch up with all the weather headlines. Live Tile support and Lockscreen support are present, and you can log into MSN Weather with your Microsoft Account to synchronize settings and preferences between Windows 7/8.1/10/11 devices.
I want toast notifications and the option to use local images with the Lockscreen support. Still, it’s clear why MSN Weather is as popular as it is. The free Windows 7/8.1/10/11 app is available for Windows 7/8.1/10/11 PC and Mobile, as well as Xbox One.
Appy Weather is one of the cleanest-looking weather apps in the Windows 7/8.1/10/11 Store. Navigating around the app is fast and fluid, taking full advantage of the scenic and modern design. Forecast information is presented more personally, not only by offering the nuts and bolts of the Forecast but also by how it feels. For example, if it is brutally cold today, tomorrow’s Forecast might add that it should not be as cold as it feels today.
Key features for Appy Weather include:
- Forecasts for today, tomorrow, and the upcoming weekend.
- Seven-day extended Forecast.
- Severe weather notifications.
- Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
Current conditions are abbreviated to display the temperature, a general weather pattern (clear, raining, or cloudy), and a “feels like” temperature. You can extend this display to reveal additional weather information such as rain chances, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, humidity levels, visibility, barometric pressure, dew point, and UV index. If a storm is close to your location, that information is also provided.
Appy Weather lacks a weather radar feature. Overall, Appy Weather is worth a try if you are looking for a clean-looking, easy-to-navigate weather app to provide you with no-nonsense weather information. The app is available for Windows 7/8.1/10/11 Mobile, and a seven-day trial version lets you try out Appy Weather. The full version of Appy Weather costs $3.99.
Forecast joins the ranks of clean-looking, informative weather apps available for Windows 7/8.1/10/11 PC and Mobile. This weather app covers millions of locations worldwide and offers Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
Key features for Forecast include:
- Current conditions, along with weekly and hourly forecast periods.
- Meteogram view for a weekly and hourly forecast provides an easy, at-a-glance view of what is expected from the weather.
- Location awareness to automatically download your weather information based on your current location.
- The background image can be set to Bing’s Image of the Day or a color pattern.
While Forecast lacks any weather maps or severe weather notifications, it is a good-looking source for basic weather information that can help you plan your day or week. The Forecast currently costs $1.49.
If you are looking for a simple and colorful weather app, check out Strawberry Weather. This Windows 7/8.1/10/11 weather app delivers your current conditions, an extended forecast, weather alerts, and Lockscreen and Live-Tile support wrapped in a vibrant package.
Key features of Strawberry Weather include:
- Local forecast information, as well as a seven-day, extended forecast.
- Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
- 12 colorful themes.
- Support for Dark Sky weather services (paid subscription) that delivers real-feel temperatures, down-to-the-minute forecasts for the next hour, severe weather alerts, and more.
While Strawberry Weather lacks a weather map or radar feature, it supports toast notifications. Notifications can be set to alert you of normal weather conditions throughout the day or filtered to only alert you to severe weather issues.
The free app is available for Windows 7/8.1/10/11 PC and Mobile, with a subscription option for Dark Sky services and a $0.99 option to unlock a premium feature that automatically adds nearby places to your favorite locations page. That feature could come in handy to alert you to weather conditions as you travel.
All in all, Strawberry Weather is a colorful way to track the weather, and it delivers a ton of features to your Windows 7/8.1/10/11 device.
Prognoza is an eye-catching weather app for Windows 7/8.1/10/11 Mobile. The clean design delivers the basic forecast information and current conditions to your phone with Live Tile and Lockscreen support. Prognoza can track your weather based on your Windows 7/8.1/10/11 Mobile location services or by specific locations that can be added manually.
Other key features of Prognoza include
- Hourly and seven-day forecasts.
- Current conditions include temperature (current, high, and low), humidity, pressure, sunrise and sunset times, cloud coverage, and wind.
- Multiple themes and icon set allow you to customize Prognoza’s appearance.
- Customizable toast notifications to alert you to specific conditions (sunny, clouds, rain, storms, fog, and snow).
- Multiple language support.
The background image for Prognoza reflects the current conditions, and the extended forecast screens are accentuated with similar imagery.
On the downside, Prognoza lacks any weather maps (radar or satellite), preventing it from being a more comprehensive weather source. However, even without weather imagery, Prognoza delivers a decent amount of weather information to keep you updated on the external conditions. Prognoza currently costs $1.49.
If you have tried any of these Windows 7/8.1/10/11 weather apps, let us know what you think in the comments. Deciding which Windows 7/8.1/10/11 weather apps rank best has been challenging, so we welcome your feedback.
Other options include Perfect Weather Universal, NOAA Hi-Def Radar, and Accuweather. If we have overlooked your favorite Windows 7/8.1/10/11 weather app, feel free to toss your recommendation in the comments!
Author’s Opinion regarding the Weather App For PC Windows 7/8.1/10/11 (32-bit or 64-bit) & Mac
The Weather App For PC has very powerful features, while considering the security purpose, priority is very high. No VPN or RDP is required for the said purpose. In some cases, the emulator also works fine, and middleware software also has an important role in smooth functioning. Therefore, the author recommended the Weather App For PC for your personal use and has no issue regarding the installation on PC (Windows 7/8.1/10/11 and Mac). I hope you also use it without any trouble. If you have any issues, please mention them in the email, and we will provide you with proper solutions. Please like and share with others. We made a lot of effort while collecting the software for your download.