LocalCast for PC is a Video Players & Editors app.It is developed by Stefan Pledl .LocalCast is the number one casting solution on Android with over 3,000,000 users.Send videos, music or pictures. FROM your phone or tablet, NAS (DLNA/UPnP or Samba), Google Drive, Google+, Dropbox or a webpage.TO a Chromecast, Roku, Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV or Stick, AppleTV, Sony Bravia, Samsung, LG, Panasonic and other SmartTVs, Sonos, Xbox 360, Xbox One or other DLNA Devices.
Downloading LocalCast for PC
LocalCast is a video player and editor with over 3 million users. Created by Stefan Pledl, the app can edit, zoom and send videos on almost any device. LocalCast is compatible with Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and all the major smart TV’s. The app offers great audio and video on many players but there are some devices that do not support the app’s media players.
Trying the app on whatever player you want to use will help you identify which ones it best works with. Some players might show audio and not the video and vice versa. Any of these signs show that the player does not support the app.
The app is for free and is now available in the Google Play store for use on a PC. But to play videos on a PC you have to convert the videos from MP4, 3GP or MKV which are the versions used on android systems.
You might want to use LocalCast on a PC because of the advantage it brings to watch your videos on a larger screen as compared to your small mobile phone display. Using the app on a PC also gives you more storage space for your videos.
LocalCast For PC (Windows & MAC)
LocalCast for Chromecast / DLNA is a complete solution for streaming all the content of our Android terminal on any device that we have connected to our Chromecast. The application works much like a file explorer, so that we can move comfortably through all the folders in our Android terminal. Now, in the side panel we will find shortcuts to our multimedia libraries, so that we can quickly send video, music and images.
The streaming of any multimedia file takes place instantly . In the case of music, for example, we just have to click on the name of a song and it will instantly start to play on our Chromecast device, while we see the disc cover on the screen (both the Android terminal and the device Chromecast). When playing video is very important to note that not all formats are compatible. Only if we have the videos in mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v format we can have guaranteed reproduction.
LocalCast for Chromecast / DLNA is an excellent way to enjoy all the multimedia content of our Android terminal on a giant screen (usually where we will have connected Chromecast). Here we will show you today How can you Download and Install Video Players & Editors App LocalCast for Chromecast on PC running any OS including Windows and MAC variants, however, if you are interested in other apps, visit our site about Android Apps on PC and locate your favorite ones, without further ado, let us continue.
LocalCast for PC, Download on Windows, Mac
The LocalCast system allows you to stream videos, music or photos from your phone or tablet. Keep in mind that Chromecast is only compatible with certain formats such as mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v. But, all these containers can use different codecs. you may also like this EZVIZ for PC
Unique features of LocalCast for Chromecast FOR PC
- – Videos: Zoom & rotate (Chromecast & other Google Cast devices)
- – Pictures: Zoom & rotate & pan Chromecast & other Google Cast devices)
- – NAS: SMB access
- – Subtitles: Opensubtitle.org integration & subs from the same folder will be added automatically
What’s New In
Videos Please be aware that the Chromecast only supports a couple of formats. It can read containers like mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v, but all these containers can use different codecs. If you can’t hear the audio of a video, then the audio codec is not supported. If you can’t see the video but hear the audio, then the video codec is not supported.
(I am looking into “on-the-fly” transcoding).
Music If you cast from your device or DLNA, the album cover will be displayed on the TV. The queue and playlists work with all files, but were added to easily set up music for your next party and don’t worry about it.
Pictures On a Chromecast, Nexus Player or other Cast device:
You can rotate, zoom and pan pictures easily from the “Now playing” screen, just touch the button with the four arrows.
Subtitles If you use a Chromecast, Nexus Player or other Cast device:
You can easily add subtitles. You can download them easily inside the app from Opensubtitles.org. Subtitles in the same folder will be added automatically. You can set a dedicated subtitle folder which will be searched when you start a video. Subtitle timing, font, background and color can be changed.
You can change the subtitle encoding in the settings, e.g. for arabic subtitles choose UTF-8
Internal subtitles which are inside the video container don’t work YET
- Wireless headphones (beta) Touch “Route audio to phone” on the “Now playing” screen, to listen to what you are watching on your phone. This feature is in beta: it might work most of the time.
You can join the beta community and receive beta updates from the Google Play here: http://goo.gl/8Efbo9
- PDFs Pdfs are converted to pictures in the app and can then be casted. Here we will show you How to Download and Install your favourite app, LocalCast for Chromecast For PC on Windows 7,8 and 10 and Mac OS X, however, if you are interested in other apps, visit our top most categories ANDROID APPS FOR PC and IOS APPS FOR PC and locate your favorite ones.
Key features of LocalCast for Chromecast
- Accessing the list of accounts in the account service is easy
- It has a compatible Wi-Fi multicast mode
- Enables the sending of invoice requests in the application and the management of invoice transactions in the application
- And write to external memory
- You have the status Change WLAN connection
- Open network sockets
- Request Account Manager authentication
- Access to information about networks
- PowerManager WakeLocks prevent the processor from entering sleep mode or making the screen darker
- Access information about Wi-Fi networks
- Read from external memory
- Read-only access to the device status
- Allows an application to receive messages through Google Cloud Messaging
But, the application is free for all platforms and is now available for download and streaming on the Google Play Store using Chromecast and another streaming device. However, to be able to participate in videos on a PC, you must change the videos of MP4, 3GP or MKV that are used in Android systems.
You may also want to use LocalCast on a PC or Windows 10 operating system. But, this is easy because you can view your videos on a larger screen that matches the small screen of your Android smartphone. You can also use this application on your Windows 10 PC to save more space for your videos.
To install LocalCast for PC with Windows 7 8 10 and Mac
LocalCast does not have a desktop version. That’s why we install LocalCast using the Android emulator for Windows and Mac. But It’s easy to edit videos on big screens. Therefore, the current video format is not compatible with Windows or Mac. You can convert it to the appropriate codec. Let’s see how LocalCast for PC and Mac is installed.
1. First, you need to download the Bluestacks installation file to your desktop. Here you can download the official Bluestacks installation file.
2. After downloading, install Bluestacks on your PC. If you are unfamiliar with installing Bluestacks, read our Bluestacks Installation Guide here.
3. After installation, you can run the Bluestacks emulator. By default, the splash screen is the first to appear. In the upper right corner you will see the search field. Enter “LocalCast” and click on “Search“.
4. As a result of the search, a pop-up window will be displayed with the details of the LocalCast application. Then you also have to click Install to start the installation and wait a few minutes to download and install the LocalCast application.
5. When the installation is complete, you will find the LocalCast application shortcut on the home screen. But to click on it and start LocalCast on the PC.
LocalCast is most popular casting player for android also there are over 1 million users uses. The LocalCast app has to work as a video player and editor and Cast/Stream videos, music or pictures from your phone to Chromecast (needs Google Play Services), Nexus Player, AppleTV, SmartTV, Sonos, Xbox 360, Xbox One* or other DLNA Devices.
Well, the LocalCast is mostly compatible with your Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and all the major smart TV’s.
The app is well designed their interface to use quickly for all users