Easy Way to Transfer/Backup Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
For all of the features built into iOS, a relatively important one is lacking: you can’t easily save SMS messages only from iPhone and keep them safe on your computer. We all know most of the data on the iPhone including text messages can be backed up via iTunes through the backup option. However, you can’t read the backed-up messages as normal on your PC or Mac. Thankfully, there are still other ways to transfer text messages from iPhone to computer. Just check the following guide.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
You may want to export your iPhone text messages to computer as a backup or for print need, because there are some possibilities that text messages could be disappeared due to various factors, such as iOS upgrading, jailbreak, water damaged, etc. To transfer text messages from your iPhone to computer, you can try:
- Make a full iPhone backup with iTunes on PC or Mac computer which will contain your iPhone messages. But you can’t view those messages from iTunes backup without a third-party app’s help.
- On your Mac computer, you can log in with the same Apple ID in iMessage app, and sync messages between your Mac and computer.Screenshot the text messages on your iPhone and save the photos to your iPhone and then transfer those pictures to your computer.
- Try some iPhone data transfer or iTunes backup extractor to export text messages from iPhone or extract messages from backup.
Text messages are taking over, they’re replacing phone calls and e-mail. The texts on your iPhone are now one of your most important forms of communcation with your friends, family, loved ones and coworkers. Maybe a friend sent you a funny joke that you want to save or maybe you need to make a backup of a text for legal purposes. Whatever the reason, iExplorer lets you access and save your iPhone’s messages on your Mac or PC. The following tutorial walks you through how to use iExplorer to export your iPhone text messages and message attachements (Images, Contacts, etc) to your computer as a .PDF, .TXT, or .CSV document.
What you will need
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- USB cable to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- A Mac or PC with iTunes installed
Backup iPhone data without iTunes: MobiMover enables you to move messages, photos, videos, audios, contacts, books, etc.. from iPhone/iPad without using iTunes any longer. Besides, you can choose to export the whole data at a time or down to a certain files category or item.
Transfer content from computer to iPhone: You can transfer files from PC to iPhone using USB as well as from Mac. The data adding process won’t wipe previous data on your iPhone, which is inevitable if you choose iTunes.
Sync data between two iOS devices: To be specific, you can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, move contacts from old iPhone to the new one efficiently, and more.
Manage your iPhone/iPad data: You can delete, edit, or add iOS items on your computer more easily.
Save any video from any website: You can use the video downloading function to download videos to your iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, and laptop from all the popular video sites. For instance, download YouTube videos to iPad directly.
Does this software sound quite nice? If so, why not download it to have a try by clicking the button below. The installation will be green, safe, and fast.
Method 1. Export Text Messages from iPhone with AnyTrans for iOS
To download text messages from iPhone to the computer, all you need is a professional iOS data transfer AnyTrans for iOS, why?
- AnyTrans for iOS enables you to export all text messages (SMS), iMessages and attachments from iPhone in just one click.
- Support saving iPhone text messages to computer in formats of .txt, .html, and .pdf.
- Help you make a full backup of iPhone data including messages, and you can view them on computer.
- Work well on transferring messages to your new iPhone too.
- Besides Text Messages, it also supports transferring more than 24 other types of iOS data, like Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Music, etc.
Download AnyTrans for iOS and follow the step-by-step tutorial below, to see how to download text messages from iPhone to your computer. Here is a video tutorial that illustrates how to transfer iPhone messages to computer with AnyTrans.
Step 1. Install AnyTrans for iOS on your computer > Launch it > Connect your iPhone to computer (PC or Mac) with a USB cable. Choose the Device Manager in the main interface.
Step 2. Choose the Messages category to enter the Messages manage page.
Note: If this is the first time you try AnyTrans for iOS, it will ask you to make a backup of your iPhone and then AnyTrans for iOS can access the text messages on your iPhone. It makes take a few minutes, please be patient.
Step 3. Preview and select text messages you want to transfer. Tap Send to PC/Mac button in the upper right corner to transfer text messages to the computer.
Step 4. Under Send to PC button, you can choose to export iPhone messages to Txt, Html or Pdf format.
AnyTrans for iOS works for all iPhones and iOS systems including iOS 13:
- Supported iPhone: iPhone 5/5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6/6s (Plus), iPhone 7 (Plus), iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone X/XS (Max)/XR, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- Supported Computer: Windows 7/8/10, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, etc.
Method 2. Export iPhone Text Messages to Mac with iMessage Sync
If you are a Mac user, congratulations, you can export your iPhone messages to Mac by syncing with the iMessage app. The step-by-step guide below will show you how. Please keep reading and learn more about it.
- Step 1. Find the icon of the Messages app on your Mac and launch it.
- Step 2. Sign in with the same Apple ID you used on your iPhone.
- Step 3. Once you have logged in, your messages on iPhone will be synced to your Mac automatically