How To Save Text Messages From iPhone To PC
Easy Way to Transfer/Backup Text Messages from iPhone to Computer 2023
A relatively important one is lacking for all of the features built into iOS: you can’t easily save SMS messages only from your iPhone and keep them safe on your Computer. We all know most of the data on the iPhone, including text messages, can be backed up via iTunes through the backup option. However, you can’t read the backed-up messages as usual on your PC or Mac. Thankfully, there are still other ways to transfer text messages from iPhone to the Computer. Just check the following guide.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
You may want to export your iPhone text messages to a computer as a backup or for print needs because there are some possibilities that text messages could be disappeared due to various factors, such as iOS upgrading, jailbreak, water damage, etc. To transfer text messages from your iPhone to your Computer, you can try the following:
- Make a full iPhone backup with iTunes on a PC or Mac containing your iPhone messages. But you can’t view those messages from iTunes backup without a third-party app’s help.
- On your Mac computer, you can log in with the same Apple ID in the iMessage app and sync messages between your Mac and Computer. Screenshot the text messages on your iPhone, save the photos to your iPhone, and then transfer those pictures to your Computer.
- Try some iPhone data transfer or iTunes backup extractor to export text messages from iPhone or extract messages from the backup.
Text messages are taking over; they’re replacing phone calls and Email. The texts on your iPhone are now one of your most basic forms of communication with your friends, family, loved ones and coworkers. Maybe a friend sent you a funny joke that you want to save, or maybe you need to make a backup of a text for legal purposes. Whatever the reason, iExplorer lets you access and save your iPhone’s messages on your Mac or PC. The following tutorial walks you through how to use iExplorer to export your iPhone text messages and message attachments (Images, Contacts, etc.) to your Computer as a . PDF, TXT, or . CSV document.
What you will need
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- USB cable to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- A Mac or PC with iTunes installed
Backup iPhone data without iTunes: MobiMover enables you to move messages, photos, videos, audio, contacts, books, etc.. from your iPhone/iPad without using iTunes any longer. Besides, you can export the whole data at a time or down to a specific file category or item.
Transfer content from Computer to iPhone: You can transfer files from PC to iPhone using USB and Mac. The data-adding process won’t wipe previous data on your iPhone, which is inevitable if you choose iTunes.
Sync data between two iOS devices: To be specific, you can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, move contacts from an old iPhone to the new one efficiently, and more.
Manage your iPhone/iPad data: You can quickly delete, edit, or add iOS items on your Computer.
Save any video from any website: You can use the video downloading function to download videos to your iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, and laptop from all the popular video sites. For instance, download YouTube videos to iPad directly.
Does this software sound quite lovely? If so, why not download it to have a try by clicking the button below? The installation will be green, safe, and fast.
Method 1. Export Text Messages from iPhone with AnyTrans for iOS
To download text messages from iPhone to the Computer, all you need is a professional iOS data transfer AnyTrans for iOS, why?
- AnyTrans for iOS enables you to export all text messages (SMS), iMessages and attachments from your iPhone in just one click.
- Support saving iPhone text messages to the Computer in formats of .txt, .html, and .pdf.
- Help you fully backup iPhone data, including messages, and you can view them on your Computer.
- Work well on transferring messages to your new iPhone too.
- Besides Text Messages, it also supports transferring more than 24 other types of iOS data, like Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Music, etc.
Download AnyTrans for iOS and follow the step-by-step tutorial below to download text messages from your iPhone to your Computer. Here is a video tutorial illustrating how to transfer iPhone messages to a computer with AnyTrans.
Step 1. Install AnyTrans for iOS on your Computer> Launch it > Connect your iPhone to your Computer (PC or Mac) with a USB cable. Choose the Device Manager in the main interface.
Step 2. Choose the Messages category to enter the Messages manage page.
Note: If this is the first time you try AnyTrans for iOS, it will ask you to make a backup of your iPhone, and then AnyTrans for iOS can access the text messages on your iPhone. It makes take a few minutes; please be patient.
Step 3. Preview and select the text messages you want to transfer. Tap Send to PC/Mac button in the upper right corner to transfer text messages to the Computer.
Step 4. Under the Send to PC button, you can export iPhone messages to Txt, Html or Pdf format.
AnyTrans for iOS works for all iPhones and iOS systems, including iOS 13:
- Supported iPhone: iPhone 5/5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6/6s (Plus), iPhone 7 (Plus), iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone X/XS (Max)/XR, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- Supported Computer: Windows 7/8/10, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, etc.
Method 2. Export iPhone Text Messages to Mac with iMessage Sync
If you are a Mac user, congratulations, you can export your iPhone messages to Mac by syncing with the iMessage app. The step-by-step guide below will show you how. Please keep reading and learn more about it.
- Step 1. Find the icon of the Messages app on your Mac and launch it.
- Step 2. Sign in with the same Apple ID you used on your iPhone.
- Step 3. Once you have logged in, your messages on your iPhone will be synced to your Mac automatically