Garageband Online PC has been revolutionizing the music Arena with its innovative features. The GarageBand app is an instrument and music app developed especially for iOS devices.
This app is perfect for music professionals and is loaded with a plethora of innovative features to create the best music for different purposes. It is quite effortless to use. It is one of the best apps from Apple. The app is available free of cost for iOS users that gives them the chance to use the latest features.
Are you planning to buy a new mac just for getting GarageBand on your windows device or are you among the audience who arrived to see what this app is and if you can use it? Well, welcome, GarageBand is a free Digital audio workstation by Apple. In simpler terms it is a music sequencer developed by Apple for iOS devices. But, technology keeps progressing and now you don’t need to invest in an Apple device to use the app, follow the guide below and get GarageBand on Windows.
If you’re wondering what happened to logic, This app was developed as a starter version for Logic X pro – apple’s pro audio software, but it has since then the app as well as the audience has only expanded. Apple has put in so many significant features which makes it ideal for beginners and professionals.
It packs in basic audio track features as well as auto tune, mixing instruments, creating loops for professional usage.
As GarageBand is Apple’s official app, it’s available to download for Mac, iPhone and iPad. However, there is no official garageband for PC users. Fret not, there are ways you can download GarageBand for Windows Computer.
Why you should choose GarageBand?
With Apple creating an app for those wishing to examine the digital space for audio production and editing, it has revolutionized the recording sphere online. GarageBand is Apple’s answer to those who were either intimidated by its professional DAW- Logic Pro X or were simply looking for a more user-friendly and less space taking way to create and build music. GarageBand is one app that familiarizes beginners with the technicalities of audio recording so they are able to work better on their creative processes rather than being absorbed by the newness of such software.
It provides a good number of sound effects, range of Loops, variety of music instruments that you can include in your tracks without actually playing them, options for stock plugins, autotune effects as well as a massive choice of editing options- all in one place, to help you develop and explore without much hassle. This is not to say that it is not used by professionals- it supports and helps users engage in quality of production, composition and mixing of files in a way you can release your originals with ease or can export your tracks easily to other professional software like Logic for further control over advanced editing.
GarageBand becomes an easy choice for those looking to generate efficient and easy recordings without compromising on the Genuity of the tracks. It has managed to sway the market, even in the face of other applications and websites like Pro Tools, FL Studio, Audiotool, Cubase etc. (which are available to non-Apple users as well) due to a majority of reasons such as hosting a wider array of options in the range of techniques and audio options available, less bugs and obstacles in the system operations while cutting and mixing, better quality results which users of GarageBand swear by (statistical evidence of high number of loyal users), being free of cost for all macOS and iOS users who wish to delve into the audio industry and inching closer to a professional workstation with every updated version (for eg: the introduction of Flex Time in GarageBand makes it closer to Logic).
What should you look in a MUSIC COMPOSING APP?
While it can be difficult to pick the perfect app for you, here are a few important feature that you must look for before choosing the one that fits your needs:
- User interface : The first thing that you will notice about any music composing app is its Interface, and your efficiency in creating music depends largely upon it. Therefore, it is extremely important for a music composing app to have an easy and accommodating user interface. The best ones are the ones with a minimalistic design and simplified operations.
- Recording : The next importing feature for a music composing app is the Recording feature. You must be able to record your own tunes and then edit them in the software to create a track. Recording is also extremely essential if you want to use your app for Podcasts. Basic enhancement tools like echo, reverb, distortion etc are an essential, in addition to pitch correction, and auto tune effects.
- Virtual Studio technology : Another important and the most defining feature of a Digital Audio workstation is its Virtual Studio Technology. VST allows you to digitally play a number of instruments live, or record a track with them. With the use of the synthesizers and virtual instruments in the app, you will not require to invest in expensive instruments and the space to store them. For each synthesizer, you must be able to adjust a number of parameters including richness, glide, cut off, standard attack, decay, sustain, and release, etc.
- MIDI Editing : Another feature that makes your investment in a decent music composing app worthwhile is MIDI editing. MIDI editing must include basic features like piano roll or notation-style editing and playback. Further you must be able to adjust different aspects of an audio, including pitch, velocity, and duration. Additionally, it helps if you can import and export MIDI files, to and from other Digital audio workstations or other programs without converting the file to audio. This helps you continue editing you track on different platform seamlessly.
- External instruments and Loops packages : In addition to what the music composing app offers in itself, it is important that it has the ability to expand your options. A goog music composing app must support a number of third party plugins and loop packages that you can use in your tracks as and when you need to. There are a number of external packages offered by various developers on the internet; all you need to do is check your application’s compatibility with these packages.
Essentially, these are the basic features that you must definitely look out for in a music composing app. Remember that each app has its own benefits and lacks, and you must be clear about what features you prioritise as a musician, to be able to pick the best fit for yourself. For further help and a detailed insight on the features of the top music apps in the market, you can checkout our post on the top 10 music composition apps. For further queries, feel free to reach out to us via mail or simply drop a comment below!
Features of GarageBand for Windows PC
- You can use a virtual keyboard or an external keyboard to connect to the GarageBand app via a USB cable
- You can record, play, capture, and share your music across the world
- GarageBand provides multi-touch features as well as trigger option for live loop cells
- DJ style effects such as filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching are available on this software
- You have the option to select from nine electronic or acoustic drummers along with their signature sounds
- You can create over a million realistic groove
- The user-interface is extremely simple and easy to understand
- You can use this software to create one-of-a-kind music track or a song.
This app is perfect for music professionals
What’s New In??
The best thing about GarageBand is that you can do both – create music inside the workstation or record real instruments and then edit even that audio. The long list of plug-ins will, in all probability, cover all instruments that you would want to see. And even though it is free and less complicated than the other workstations, GarageBand does not fall behind in its included virtual music instruments, instead it is actually pretty good at that.
My favorites are the features like the synth and the Transform pad that makes GarageBand not only versatile but also offer you a lot of freedom of control and space.
- The scope of range in Loops made available in the Sound Library.
- The ease of compressing, delaying and equalizing tracks without sacrificing natural melody.
- Availability of a number of musical instruments, including native and rare instruments.
- Availability of a Sampler that allows you to create and test new software instrument sounds.
- Musical Typing feature that shows the blueprint of the instrument keys on your screen.
- Auto-Normalizing option that allows for tracks to be exported at maximum volume.
Let’s Take a Brief Look at Some of This App’s Best Features
You can use GarageBand to record your own tunes and then edit them in the software to produce a soundtrack. You can enhance your track with different tools including reverb, echo, distortion, etc. The software allows you to record at both 16 and 24-bit Audio resolution. With the pitch correction system, you can even add the Auto-tune effect to your audio. In addition, it offers a number of preset effects that you can choose from, or manually create your own one.
2. Virtual Studio technology
In addition to recording with actual physical tools, GarageBand also offers a virtual studio where you can use the software to create tunes within the app using synthesizers and virtual instruments. You can either play live or record a track. For each synthesizer, you can adjust a number of parameters including richness, glide, cut off, standard attack, decay, sustain, and release.
3. MIDI editing
If you were not aware, GarageBand can import and export MIDI files, to and from other Digital audio workstations or other programs without actually converting the file to audio. For MIDI editing, it offers the basic features like piano roll or notation-style editing and playback. To note, you can adjust different aspects of an audio, including pitch, velocity, and duration.
Probably the best feature offered by the software, GarageBand includes various pre-recorded lessons on how to play different musical instruments. The Music lessons cover the basic aspects of playing an instrument and are available for free. For those who want to learn advanced tiers of sound music, basically anything which connects to music, there are Artist lessons which are recorded by some pretty famous musical artists and would require you to make a purchase before viewing.
5. External instruments and Loop packages
Lastly, since GarageBand is pretty popular, there are a number of third party plugins and loop packages available on the internet that are designed specifically for GarageBand and can provide you with more options. Once you decide on choosing this app do not forget, its customizable to the extent music has developed, you can do anything and everything, you just need to use the power of the internet and do it.
Requirements for GarageBand On Windows
- Windows 7 or higher Operating System
- 4 GB of RAM or higher
- Intel i5 processor or higher
- Minimum 2 GB of Disk Space
Download GarageBand for PC using iPadian
- Step 1: Download iPadian on your Windows PC using this link.
- Step 2: Once you have downloaded the file, install it to run the iPadian Emulator
- Step 3: Once it has been installed, open the iPadian emulator and go to ‘App Store’
- Step 4: Search for GarageBand in the search bar and click on enter
- Step 5: Click on the GarageBand option and start downloading it
- Step 6: Once you have downloaded the software, you can use GarageBand on Windows using this iPadian emulator
GarageBand is a professional music creator app that has been used by renowned stars. GarageBand on Windows is just as good as it is on iOS devices. You might have understood why this app is so much in demand. As per Apple’s track record, we don’t really expect this app to be launched on either Windows or Android platform. You can use any of the alternatives that have been mentioned above or you could download the iPadian emulator to use GarageBand on Windows PC.